A Bell's Purpose
As the story goes, an old gray-beard biker was heading back from a Mexico road trip late one night. His saddlebags held trinkets and gifts for kids at the orphanage where he worked. Enjoying his solitude and the cool desert night, he counted his other blessings — kids at the home, biker friends, and a bike that never let him down.
Everything seemed perfect. Some 40 miles north of the border he was out on the road in the still coolness of night in the high desert the full moon rose and the cactus cast shifting and shortening silhouettes on the still-warm desert floor.
The graybeard didn’t know that just a few miles up the road, just around one of the few sharp bends, a nasty group of gremlins awaited their next victim.
Most bikers know about gremlins. They’re the evil little creatures who lay out traps of road debris. Re-treads, boxes, mufflers, diesel fuel…. Or deploy invisible devilish devices that puncture tires or break chains. They also chase deer out onto the road in front of bikers. Other groups ride themselves but love to tamper with anything that might break. And things that couldn’t possibly break otherwise.
This particular group was eagerly waiting to put another notch in their belts.
As the old biker rounded the turn they startled a coyote onto the road, perfectly timed to detour him into an oil slick. He skidded. And went down.
Waking up in a ditch, helpless, he was barely able to move. As the gremlins approached to complete their evil plot, he noticed that one of his saddle bags had been torn off and lay close beside him. Determined not to go without a fight he began throwing things from the bag at his tormentors. Finally, there were only a few small bells left. He thought of the children he had packed the gifts for as he made another desperate toss.
Amazingly, the tinkling of the bell seemed to confuse the gremlins. But injured and with the little devils between him and his bike there wasn’t much chance of escape. At least he could delay the inevitable and go out fighting.
As it turned out a couple of other bikers had just stopped for the night and were about to set up camp a bit before that tragic turn in the road. They heard a bell ringing and ringing. Curious, they followed the sound until they came upon the old biker. He seemed to be afraid of something, but they saw nothing. Just to be safe they screamed and yelled to frighten away any wild animals.
Our graybeard was grateful for the rescue and offered some money. But the other bikers refused. So, he cut off a couple of tassels from his saddlebag and used them to tie a bell to each of their bikes. He explained how that would warn off the gremlins, and if they were ever in trouble they could ring the bell for help.
Now a Biker Tradition
Few believe bells actually warn off evil. Yet they’re a great tradition, and a great way to remind fellow bikers why they need to stay safe. But there are a few rules.
- Hang it from the lowest part of your bike. Gremlins will be trapped in its hollow if they try to reach for your bike. And hang it towards the front as the ringing drives them away.
- If you buy your own bell the magic does work.
- But if you receive one as a gift from a friend or loved one the magic is twice as strong.
- If you steal a bell off someone else’s bike you’ll get all the gremlins they would have had, on top of your own.
- If you ever sell your bike, keep the bell. It’s a precious gift of love and good will.
Bravo Bells Are a Must-Have Biker Accessory
Road Gremlins don’t appreciate Bravo Guardian Bells. Bikers do. And we're bikers too, which is why you’ll find such a huge selection of authentic Bravo Bells at our online store.
These pewter good luck charms are made in the U.S.A. and built to last. Each one has been carefully designed to have a distinct personality, which you'll notice right away. Add the styles you like to your cart to keep them handy.
Check out our many Bravo Bells and other biker merchandise available online to find the perfect gift for your favorite biker, or to pick up a little something for yourself.
Why Buy a Bravo Bell as a Gift?
You can purchase Bravo Bells for yourself, of course, but they’re great keepsakes to give to any biker in your life. Bikers like knowing that someone is looking out for them, and many also collect Bravo Guardian Bells.
To be sure, it can be tough to pick between all the Bravo Bells available, so take your time. You’ll find ones that run the gamut from downright humorous and edgy to thoughtful and loving. That’s part of their charm — there’s a Bravo Bell for every biker.
We’ve priced our Bravo Guardian Bells attractively so you can pick up a few to qualify for free shipping. It’s our little way of saying thank you for making us your go-to place for all your biker needs and gifts.
Want more peace of mind as a valued shopper? We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee on everything we sell.
Are Bravo Bells Just for Bikes?
As the Bravo Bell legend explains, Bravo Guardian Bells were originally designed to be hung on motorcycles. However, not everyone dangles their Bravo Bells on their bikes.
Where else can you hang your Bravo Bells to ward off Gremlins and give yourself a little good fortune?
- Bags, pouches and purses: Carry a little bit of luck wherever you go. The Bravo Bell that you attach to your thigh pouch or motorcycle riding sling may keep away Evil Road Spirits intent on doing you harm whether you're on the road or off your bike.
- Bell display racks: Many people like to collect Bravo Bells in their home, garage or office. A specialty display rack filled with a unique combination of different types of artistic Bravo Bells makes a terrific conversation starter, not to mention a perfect biker decorator piece.
- Key chains and rings: Everyone’s had the misfortune of misplacing or losing their keys from time to time. Why not put a Bravo Guardian Bell on your keychain? A Bravo Bell could keep those thieving, mischievous Gremlins from working their magic when you're off your bike.
Buy Bravo Guardian Angel Bells From Daniel Smart Manufacturing
Be the guardian angel for a favorite biker and buy a Bravo Bell today. Make sure to come back to Daniel Smart to add your review after you receive your order. We love hearing from our customers and enjoy getting write-ups on all the merchandise we sell!